Paul McCarthy did a series of performances between 1972 and 1983 involving masks, bottles, pans, uniforms, among a plethora of other items. These items were kept and stored in suitcases until 1991, when they were photographed separately. This group of photographs would come to be entitled PROPO. For our first collaboration with Paul McCarthy, we revisited this series to transpose 10 of the artist’s photographs to skateboards.
- Edition of 250
- Produced and numbered by THE SKATEROOM in 2016
- Set of 1 skateboard
- The deck measures approx. 31x8in (80x20cm)
- Made of 7 ply Grade A Canadian Maple wood
- Top-print includes printed signature of the artist
- 1 wall mount included per deck
The Skateroom creates collectable printed skateboards featuring the work of contemporary artists including Basquiat and Warhol. The brand also works with non-profit organisations to empower youth through inspiring projects.